Carolina EFT Mission Statement
The mission of Carolina EFT is to create connections between therapists who want to use an empirically validated therapy model that can transform emotional and relationship distress into attachment security and meaningful connections for individuals, couples, and families. Our goals:
- To provide training and supervision for therapists interested in becoming EFT therapists.
- To foster a local community of EFT therapists that nurtures inclusivity, diversity, safety, belonging, and cultural humility.
- To encourage therapist certification in EFT.
- To foster the development of a community of well trained EFT therapists who work with individuals, couples, and families.
- To promote ongoing learning and practice of EFT.
- To provide quality therapy for couples, individuals and families.
- To fill the Carolina communities’ needs for competent EFT therapists.
Philosophy of Carolina EFT
We share the philosophy of International Center for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy (ICEEFT):
“We adhere to the philosophy that relationships are at the core of human experience. Research indicates that emotionally fulfilling relationships are integral components of mental and physical health, and that emotionally focused interventions have the power to establish and re-create supportive bonds among individuals. We are therefore dedicated to the understanding and enhancement of couple and family relationships through an emphasis on emotions and their interpersonal impact. We believe that all people can maximize their potential given a nurturing social environment, which we endeavor to foster in our work with clients.”