Join our EFIT Workouts for additional skills training!
Missed the Beginning? Still accepting Registrations!
24 hours of EFIT video review, skill practice, and case presentations. 4 hours biweekly for 6 weeks.
Dates: September 14, 28, October 12, 26, November 9 and 23, 2022
Accepting registrations for remaining weeks
Prerequisite: EFIT Level 1
Live Online Training – 24 NBCC CE hours
Expand your capacity to flow through the moves of the EFT Tango to help individuals become emotionally fit – robust – strong – vigorous – resilient – able to shift the impacts of trauma and to face the existential dilemmas of life. Watch EFIT training videos and practice EFT Tango Moves and micro-interventions with your colleagues, to become smoother at working with anxiety, depression, post trauma reactions and relational distress in individual therapy. Increase your capacity to identify patterns of emotion regulation strategies and to create corrective emotional experiences. Each 4-hour session will focus on a specific aspect of the EFT Tango in EFIT and we will have one case presentation during the final hour.
EFT is built on values of collaboration and empathic attuned listening. The training seeks to embrace cultural humility and racial sensitivity.
Reflecting, mirroring present process (Micro interventions of EFT Tango Move 1) in the flow of the EFT Tango
Assembling elements of emotion (Micro interventions of EFT Tango Move 2 Assembly) in the flow of the EFT Tango
Deepening emotional experiencing (Micro interventions of EFT Tango Move 2 Deepening) in the flow of the EFT Tango
SHAPE engaged encounters (Micro interventions of EFT Tango Move 3) in the flow of the EFT Tango
Flowing between EFT Tango Moves 3 and 4 (Shaping, processing, shaping, processing) in the flow of the EFT Tango
Integrating, validating, summarizing and celebrating (Micro interventions of EFT Tango Move 5).
This is not part of the ICEEFT certificate for completing Levels 1 and 2 EFIT. It is skills training in addition to EFIT Levels 1 and 2.
Trainers: Lorrie Brubacher and Ali Barbosa
Dates: Wednesdays September 14, 28, October 12, 26, November 9 and 23, 2022
8 am – 12 pm Eastern Time
Format: Video review, skill practice (workouts!) and 1 case presentation per week (arranged in advance by 6 volunteer participants).
Following the training you will be able to:
- Stay in the present process when a client derails you with content.
- Deepen emotional experiencing and work experientially.
- Implement assessment in EFIT – and validate attachment strategies.
- Reflect present process (EFT Tango 1 Move 1).
- Provide hospitable openings to discuss racial, ethnic and cultural impacts.
- Assemble and deepen emotion (EFT Tango Move 2).
- Use Tango Moves 1 and 2 to choose the most relevant interpersonal encounters to shape.
- Shape interpersonal encounters in EFT Tango Move 3.
- Mine the moments – help clients to savor change events (EFT Tango Move 4).
- Integrate the flow of interventions through Stages of change in EFIT (Tango Move 5).
- Consolidate change across relational contexts.