Extending Attachment-Based EFT to Therapy with Individuals
EFIT Training to resume in 2019.
If you are from outside the Carolinas, and want to schedule this training please contact Lorrie Brubacher to arrange training for 2019.
As a theory of adult love and emotion regulation, attachment theory provides a practical map for shaping love that naturally extends to individual therapy. This Emotionally Focused Individual Therapy workshop focuses upon the relevance of Dr. Sue Johnson’s EFT model for individual therapy.
Johnson’s attachment-based emotionally focused therapy creates a safe haven/secure base therapeutic alliance as the heart from which emotion regulation and secure bonds with others and self are shaped. EFIT engages clients in corrective emotional experiences in the dynamic flow between interpersonal and internal worlds.
The workshop will examine how attachment principles shape both the systemic interventions of tracking and restructuring patterns of interaction, and the experiential interventions of responding empathically in the present moment to emotional experience. It will explicate the EFT Tango as the basic flow of interventions towards reshaping safety and security in individuals’ worlds.
EFIT Learning Objectives:
Following the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Describe an individual’s presenting problem in an attachment frame.
- Describe the The EFT Model of Change with individuals.
- Apply interventions in the EFT Tango with individuals.
- Track cycles (attachment strategies for engagement / emotion regulation) that maintain individual’s presenting problems, and assemble emotion.
- Reprocess emotion and shape new, positive patterns of engagement.
- Create corrective emotional experiences to shape safety & security to resolve interpersonal injuries and trauma.
12 NBCC Approved Continuing Education Hours.